Introduction

My intent with this blog is to share my thoughts, understanding, and testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the events that are currently unfolding and will soon come to pass, with my family and friends (anyone who wants to read these musings). We are living in a time that has been seen and prophesied by all the prophets from Adam till now, it is an exciting and tumultuous time. In the scripture references I use there are two citations; one is referenced with "RE" meaning Restoration Edition scriptures, the other is "LE" meaning LDS Edition scriptures. Jeff Carter

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2022

 

Come Unto Christ

First let me set the record straight, I’M A NOBODY.  But the Lord has asked me to share some of my experiences.  “O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you? Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me, ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me. Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God.” (3 Nephi 4:7 RE; 3 Nephi 9:13-15 LE)  Repeatedly the Lord has asked us to “come unto me”.  I am finding that this request is very literal as well as spiritual.

From a spiritual perspective the admonition to “come unto me” is a request to repent, to turn to face Him.  We often think of repentance as turning from sin, but that is only a small part of it.  Repentance means to turn and face Christ.  We must turn from our worldly, self-centered, and petty ways of looking at our circumstances.  The scriptures refer to this time in the world’s history as a time of vengeance, “Wherefore, I ask you if you will not come again on the earth. And the Lord said unto Enoch, As I live, even so will I come in the last days, in the days of wickedness and vengeance, to fulfill the oath which I have made unto you concerning the children of Noah.” (Gen 4:22 RE; Moses 7:60 LE) A time where men’s hearts shall fail them and turn cold, “And in that day shall be heard of wars and rumors of wars, and the whole earth shall be in commotion. And men’s hearts shall fail them and shall say that Christ delays his coming until the end of the world, and the love of men shall wax cold and iniquity shall abound. (T&C 31:6 RE; D&C 45:26-27 LE)  Repentance today means that we must change the way we perceive our world, the way we interact with others, and paths we choose to follow.  We must align our thoughts, and our hearts, and our perceptions with those of the Lord’s.  He has shown us the path, which is the same path that His Father trod, we must choose to follow that path or we face destruction.

The more literal meaning to “come unto me” is to meet Him face to face “Thus I, Abraham, talked with the Lord face to face, as one man talks with another…” (Abraham 5:3 RE; Abraham 3:11 LE) The timing for us to see our Lord face to face is up to Him, we can’t really follow a check list to get to that point and say “OK I have done everything on your list now where are you!” However, He has shown me a way that I can come unto Him.  I have a couple of friends that shared their experiences of sending their spirit to find Christ.  One of them would ask his spirit to connect with “Mother Earth” then go to God and make a connection.  He did this every morning to make a spiritual connection for the day.  Another friend told me about his experiences meeting Christ in a garden.  So, I thought “I can do that”. In meditation (relaxed, with my mind free of all thought), I send my spirit to find Christ (I get permission from Heavenly Father first since we are to pray unto the Father through Christ).  The results have been very interesting as I let my thoughts go wherever they will.  I have found the Lord (I asked Him what He would like me to call Him and He said “Lord” is most appropriate) in His rose garden, in His workshop, sitting on a rock at the sea shore, walking along a road, in His sitting room, etc. Once I found Him at the feet of steps leading up to very official looking governmental type building with large columns and huge brass clad doors.  He led me into the “council room” where I saw all of the Fathers from Adam through Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as well as Joseph and Hyrum sitting around a large conference table.  I don’t remember specifics of the conversation but it was about us (those living at this time who are prophesied about) who are tasked with building The New Jerusalem and Zion). The conversation stemmed around the question of whether we will be able to accomplish this task. Another time I met Him in His office, I asked “you have an office?” He said “Shouldn’t the King of the Universe have an office?” Each time I meditate and send my spirit to find the Lord He calls me by name and greets me with an embrace, then we have a conversation.

You may say that this is all in my head and you would not be wrong, however, many of things I have witnessed and experienced I believe were directed by the Holy Spirit.  Additionally, some of the things I have learned did not come from my little pea brain.  I do not share this lightly.  In my last meditation I was instructed to share this with you.  I have received other instruction from time to time.  For example the Lord instructed me to begin this blog.  Also, He gave me an assignment to share a message with everyone I meet.  The message is simple: The Lord loves you, He wants you to turn toward Him, and He wants us to love one another.  Simple right?  The execution is not so easy, but I’m working on it.

I know the Lord wants us to come to Him.  This example may not be for everyone but I think it is worth the expenditure of effort. The rewards are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment